Man treated for smoke inhalation at Taunton boiler room fire

Profile image for abbie_taunton

By abbie_taunton | Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:47

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a terraced property on East Reach, Taunton.

The blaze also caused rush hour traffic chaos in the town yesterday and the A38 was closed.

One man has been treated for smoke inhalation at the scene of the blaze, which broke out in a building on East Reach near the Esso garage at around 4pm this afternoon.

Fire crews requested an ambulance to treat the casualty, who was treated on the scene, and further assistance from an Ilminster support crew was requested.

The fire is said to have started in the boiler room at the rear of a Laundromat on East Reach in a mid-terraced property.

      

Comments

       
max 4000 characters
        
   

Latest Stories in Taunton

       
      

Local Vouchers

       
  • Free fitting on Java wet room shutters

    Shuttercraft Somerset

    We will fit our 100% waterproof Java range absolutely free.

    Terms: Clients must order at least one standard plantation shutter or pure wood blind to qualify.

    Contact: 01749608714

    Valid until: Friday, August 15 2014

     
  • Did you know we're on Facebook?

    Orchid Lingerie & Bra Fitting Service

    We're getting bookings+orders made through Facebook & Twitter so don't miss out, join in :) www.facebook.com/orchidlangport or tweet us @orchidlangport

    Terms: Orders only taken online with previous customers to ensure the bra size and shape is right for you first so you don't waste your money! Appointments available evenings+weekends, call 07917 202906

    Contact: 07917 202906

    Valid until: Tuesday, March 31 2015

     
   

Search for...

       
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min rent is bigger than Max rent