Taunton flat fire caused by unattended chip pan

Profile image for abbie_taunton

By abbie_taunton | Friday, February 08, 2013, 12:48

A Taunton flat was found alight yesterday due to an unattended chip pan.

On arrival at around 1.20pm, fire fighters saw smoke issuing from the ground floor flat on Creechbarrow Road and got to work extinguishing the fire.

All residents were out of the property and the cause was determined to be because of an unattended chip pan.

Fire crews extinguished the fire and fully ventilated the property.

      

Comments

       
max 4000 characters
        
   

Latest Stories in Taunton

       
      

Local Vouchers

       
  • Free Fitting

    Shuttercraft Somerset

    If you have just purchased a new build property and would like to install SCRAFT plantation shutters, we will install for free if you are the first property on the development to use us.

    Terms: Property must be less than 2yrs old, surrounding properties must not have shutters visibly installed. Free fitting on up to 7 windows.

    Contact: 01749 608714

    Valid until: Wednesday, December 24 2014

     
  • Did you know we're on Facebook?

    Orchid Lingerie & Bra Fitting Service

    We're getting bookings+orders made through Facebook & Twitter so don't miss out, join in :) www.facebook.com/orchidlangport or tweet us @orchidlangport

    Terms: Orders only taken online with previous customers to ensure the bra size and shape is right for you first so you don't waste your money! Appointments available evenings+weekends, call 07917 202906

    Contact: 07917 202906

    Valid until: Tuesday, March 31 2015

     
   

Local Jobs

       
   

Search for...

       
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min rent is bigger than Max rent