By stevepledger at 16:03 on 04/08/14
0 comments... add your comments below
ANGE HARDY & STEVE PLEDGER: JUST PASSING THROUGH
an acoustic tour of rural village halls
Ange Hardy & Steve Pledger are traveling the west country to bring an evening of exceptional acoustic entertainment to rural village halls.
In January 2014 Ange Hardy was awarded FATEA Magazine's coveted “Female Vocalist of the Year”, and the year so far has seen her receiving airplay from both BBC Radio 2 and The Mike Harding Folk Show, with her new album “The Lament of The Black Sheep” being made Iain Anderson's album of the week on BBC Scotland.
Steve Pledger has an enviable reputation as a talented and dynamic performer. BBC Introducing have called Steve's music "beautiful, authentic, unblemished and wonderful”; a well substantiated claim when you consider he's opened for a roster of artists that includes Luke Jackson, Phillip Henry and Hannah Martin.
Steve's writing ranges from fragile reflections on love and loss to blistering commentaries on present circumstances whilst Ange sings songs of heritage, stories of working the land, and tales deeply rooted in the traditions of rural life.
This is an evening that combines the contemporary singer songwriter with traditional folk music, with musical influences that range from Cat Stevens and Martyn Joseph to Kate Rusby and June Tabor.
Ange's music is given a contemporary twist through the use of live looping, and between Steve and Ange they travel with three guitars, two drums, a penny whistle, a harmonica, a tambourine and an indian harmonium.
Don't miss this opportunity to sit at a candlelit table with a glass of wine, a pint of good beer, and an evening of intimate award winning acoustic music.
• Licensed Bar
• Doors at 7.30pm for 8pm start.
• Tickets : £8 in advance / £10 on the door
• To book tickets phone 07527 837 759 or book online at http://tinyurl.com/oye758f target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://tinyurl.com/myyl7pt" target="_blank">http://tinyurl.com/myyl7pt
“14 Good Intentions” shows the formidable range and depth of Steve Pledger’s lyrical and melodic talents. An album of shades and light, and an astute and pastoral commentary on some of the shallow preoccupations of our times. Tender, thought-provoking and assured… an album to be played again and again.”
- Stewart Henderson, Poet & Broadcaster
"Ange Hardy's one of the bright stars of the new wave of folk singers. What I like about her work is that while it is all new, all new written stuff, it seems deeply rooted in the story telling tradition. It doesn't have any element at all of pastiche it just seems to work incredibly well. She tells new stories in an age old way, I think it works terrifically!” - Mike Harding, The Mike Harding Folk Show
• Wed 15th Oct - Chedzoy Village Hall (TA7 8RE)
• Mon 20th Oct - Donyatt Village Hall (TA19 0RJ)
• Wed 22nd Oct - Chulmleigh Town Hall (EX18 7BR)
• Mon 27th Oct - Awliscombe Village Hall (EX14 3PJ)
• Wed 29th Oct - Curry Rivel Village Hall (TA10 0HD)
• Mon 10th Nov - Clayhidon Village Hall (EX15 3PL)
• Wed 12th Nov - Broomfield Village Hall (TA5 2EN)
• Mon 17th Nov - Nynehead Memorial Hall (TA21 0BS)
• Wed 19th Nov- Upton Village Hall (TA4 2DB)
• Mon 24th Nov - Blake Hall South Petherton (TA13 5BT)
Date: Monday, November 24, 2014